Our beloved Bailey left us in March of 2012 and I made a simple walnut shadow box with dovetails to remember her.
These walnut tables I designed and built to go with our downstairs furniture. Since some of the walnut was air dried and some kiln (but not steamed), I used a weak mix of water based dye to even out the color. I sealed it with shellac and wiped on Waterlox original.
These are a pair of mission chairs I made for our entryway. I even made and upholstered the seats. The finish is:
water based dye
oil based stain as glaze
2 coats Waterlox original wiped on
2 coats 50/50 mixture of Waterlox original & satin
Susie wanted me to build her new jewelry chest. She gave me ideas on what she was looking for and I came up with the design.
I've been wanting to attempt a multi-wood table top and finally tried one out. The top turned out pretty good so I decided to build some legs and aprons and turn it into a table.